Tuesday 26 February 2013

25 February 2013 - Central Allegro League

Dunfermline Sharks 7 - 9 Stirling Bruce

A very close match. By the end of round 3, the score was Minnows 5 Bruce 7. As round 4 progressed, Bill lost and John drew. This left Bruce needing just one point to claim the match. I lost a pawn during middle game exchanges, but got lucky when Matthew miscalculated a rook exchange, enabling me to win the exchange. After huffing and puffing for a bit, I managed to promote a pawn and finally win with checkmate. Dave and Michael agreed a draw just after my match finished.

This completes a fine season for Stirling Bruce - 4 wins and a draw. Only Dunfermline Minnows can catch us - Minnows have two matches still to play, against Stirling Wallace and Grangemouth. We await the results...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Graham, can i post my second game from the SCNL at the weekend here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert

    Apologies - I've just seen your comments. Sure, email me the moves and I'll put your game on. I've just finished the post for the SNCL matches, so I'll put it on that post.

    Cheers
    Graham

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.